Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Story Time . . . Sneak Peak of YAHSHUA'S BRIDGE by Sandi Rog

On Saturday I picked up a book I've been waiting a long time to read--an advanced copy of Yahshua's Bridge by Sandi Rog, sequel to her Amazon Best-selling The Master's Wall. I got about 90 pages into it this weekend, and for me the experience began on the very first page, before the story even started. It began for me when I read the foreword.
Most of you probably know that on the very day Sandi's first novel released, she was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. In the last seven months, when this precious sister ought to have been celebrating her first book and joyously working on her second, she has been battling for survival, undergoing treatments that often felt as devastating as the illness itself. And in the foreword, Sandi's best friend and editor, Wendy Cheroot, brings this battle home for the reader.

Once in a while a book moves me to tears--but I gotta say, it's not often it happens before I even start reading the story. This time though . . . Sandi's struggle has hit me hard. She's such a light, such a joy to know--honest, open, full of faith even when full of fear. I am honored to be her friend and thank the Lord that I can support her with my prayers and encouragement.

And so, yes, I opened Yahshua's Bridge already knowing I would love it. I'll tell you up front that I'm biased. ;-) But then, I'm biased on behalf of a lot of authors, and I can still differential between okay and great books.

Thus far, this is a great book. Following Alexander, whom we met in The Master's Wall as a toddler, Yahshua's Bridge takes the reader on a journey to unlock the past and discover the future--all the while learning to trust God's promises even when He asks the seemingly impossible. Something I think few could show us as Sandi can. (Okay, fighting tears again here.)

According to Wendy's foreword, working on this book has been a balm, a coping method for Sandi, as she had to live the very lessons she had already written about. It shows, even only 90 pages in, in the depth of feeling her characters experience.

I'll keep y'all updated as I read more. The book doesn't release until November, but I hope everyone will preorder a copy just as soon as you can (no fears, I'll let you know when it's up on Amazon!!). You won't regret it!

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful post. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roseanna, you brought tears to my eyes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Roseanna. Sandy is a jewel, a ruby. Through her battle, I have laughed and cried with her. She has a place in my heart. A good friend and a listener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read it! Personally I think Sandi is going to be the next Francine Rivers, she's AMAZING! Thanks for spreading the word about her book!

    ReplyDelete