Monday, June 21, 2010

What a Weekend

I'm deviating from the normal post-type today because, well, I'm not sure I have the brain power for creativity, LOL.

So, Saturday was the first stop of the Life & Faith Tour. There was lower-than-expected turnout, and it was HOT. Under the author tent it was probably about 100 degrees, and we were all well-roasted by the end of the day.

But that's not what made my weekend truly awful. See, Friday night Xoe couldn't get to sleep in the hotel bed. She finally did at midnight, at which point Rowyn began waking up coughing every half hour or so. So I didn't get much sleep. Then Saturday morning my poor little boy-o was wheezing and having trouble breathing, clingy and lethargic. We hoped he would get better as the day went on but . . . no. David kept him at the hotel for a few hours, since the heat made it worse, but mid-afternoon he and my Dad ended up taking him to the emergency room.

Now, I'm not usually one to lose my cool, but knowing my baby was headed for the hospital while I sat there sweating behind my book table, with nary a customer? Yeah. Several of the other fabulous authors gathered around while I cried and prayed with me. Thanks Danny, Bernard, and Wanda!

They ended up giving him three breathing treatments and a chest x-ray, which showed a spot of pneumonia. I got to the hospital a little before 9 p.m., at which point we were just waiting for discharge papers. But when the doc realized we were out-of-towners and that the nebulizer we have wasn't handy, our options became admitting him or driving the four hours home.

We drove home. Got here at 2:30 a.m. Didn't get to bed until 4. Rowyn woke me up at 6:30. I was a little tired yesterday, LOL. But the boy-o was happy, playful, talkative, and basically his usual self.

I would appreciate continued prayers for him--hopefully this pneumonia will clear up without trouble, now that we've got him on antibiotics. And really, that's the silver lining. Had this happened at home, I would have just given him the medicine I have on hand for this type of thing, it would have helped the breathing, and I wouldn't have taken him to the doctor. Which means no x-ray, so we wouldn't have known about the pneumonia. The Lord's ways, you know?

So thanks to all who were praying. Today's going to be dedicated to getting things back in order around here (had no energy for that yesterday), and hopefully tomorrow I'll be back on schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a weekend. Hope life is back to normal tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray he is better today!! And that you get some sleep:)

    ReplyDelete