And so, it's time to build the Launch Team for Giver of Wonders!
Giver of Wonders is a couple things--it's my first Christmas story. It's a biblical novel. It involved the same Visibullis family readers have come to love through A Stray Drop of Blood and A Soft Breath of Wind, but 150 years later--so none of the same characters, no related plots. Instead, we see what one branch of the family has turned into as Christianity has spread throughout the Roman Empire. Cyprus and her sisters end up in Patara, Lycia (present-day Turkey) when a Wonder Worker lives there . . . a Wonder Worker the world now knows as St. Nicholas.
A miracle once saved her life ~ will another give her a future?
Cyprus was little more than a child when a fall left her paralyzed...and when the boy known as the Wonder Worker healed her. Ever since, she has wondered why the Lord spared her, what he has in store for her. But her pagan father thinks she was spared solely so she could be introduced to the wealthy Wonder Worker, Nikolaos.
Nikolaos has never questioned that his call in life is to dedicate himself to the church and to God. Never, that is, until he and his cousin Petros meet the compelling Cyprus Visibullis. For years he struggles with the feelings she inspires...and with the sure knowledge that Petros loves her too.
Petros knows he will never be good enough for Cyprus's father to consider him as a match for his favorite daughter ~ not as long as Nikolaos is there. But when tragedy strikes the Visibullis family, he will do anything to save his beloved. Unfortunately, his beloved is determined to do anything to save her sisters ~ even at the cost of herself.
As the festival of lights bathes their Greek city in beauty, Cyprus, Petros, and Nikolaos celebrate the miracle of their Savior s birth together one last time. And in remembrance of their Lord's greatest gift, one of them will make the ultimate sacrifice for the others...and a centuries-long tradition will be born.
L A U N C H T E A M B A S I C S
For those who have been on previous launch teams, you probably already have an idea of how this will work. I will:
- Create a private Facebook group for all launch team members to join
- Send you complimentary copies of the book prior to its release
- Have a special giveaway for you guys only
- Share lots of behind-the-scenes info and come to you first for opinions and with ideas
Members of the team will:
- Write reviews to post to social media/online retailers
- Consider asking local libraries/bookstores to stock the book
- Share ideas with each other on ways to promote
- Promise to help spread the word through word of mouth, online postings, etc.
There will be two different options you'll be able to sign up for. These are:
- BETA READER - beta readers will receive a digital file in September, two months before the book releases. They will have the opportunity to share their opinions and anything they catch in the manuscript with me. When the book releases, they can then post a review and do other usual launch team/influencer stuff, but they'll have had a sneak peek. Beta readers will have one month to read the manuscript before I need their feedback, but they can write a review at any point.
- INFLUENCER - An influencer is a launch team member who receives a final copy of the book around the release date. I will only have 20 paperback copies (to US addresses only), but more digital copies. I can send your preference of digital version--mobi file for your Kindle, epub for other devices, or PDF for your computer. As an influencer, you agree to help promote the book by posting photos to social media, writing reviews, and just generally helping to spread the word.
If more readers sign up than I have specified copies for, I'll be selecting my team based on what ideas you put in the form/your social reach/review history/level of enthusiasm. Same for choosing recipients of paperbacks versus digital copies. So get creative! ;-)
Thank you all SO MUCH for you interest in helping me spread the word about Giver of Wonders! I couldn't do it without you amazing readers!!!
(You can also fill out the form here.)