Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thoughtful About . . . The Path


In October, my husband David and father went to Bulgaria. Their goal was the refugee camp in Harmanli, on the Turkish/Bulgarian border. Their purpose was to interview Syrian refugees and learn their story.

The result is a short film called Along the Path. Where my passion has always been the written word, my husband is feeling a call toward visual stories. I'm so proud of all he's doing and praying I can support him as he has always supported me in my dreams.

In Along the Path, you'll hear from a variety of refugees at the camp--a few who had only been in Bulgaria a few months. A few who had been there for years and had gone from being refugees to being volunteers who help other refugees. And you'll hear from me, in the studio--my film debut, LOL. (I'm a STAR! Ahem. Cough, cough.)

If you have thirty minutes and wonder what these millions of refugees are experiencing, why they're leaving their homes, and what they expect from the future, I encourage you to watch Along the Path. Hearing what these people have gone through has forever changed my outlook on the situation. I know it will do the same for others.


1 comment: