Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Remember When . . . Ben Got Wise on the CQ?

I intended to write something up about Roman vineyards. Then I realized it was my day to post on Colonial Quills. My internet was misbehaving, so it was all I could do to get ONE thing to post correctly, LOL. So, for your historical pleasure today, some wisdom from Ben Franklin.

7 Wise Sayings from Benjamin Franklin

I've posted some quotes from Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac before, but one post cannot contain his wealth of advice. ;-) So I thought today, on this chilly January morn when my thermometer has dipped into the negatives, I'd warm everyone up with some of Ben's wisdom.

Buy what thou hast no need of; and e’er long thou shalt sell thy necessities.

I don't know about you, but my brain is often wired to this life of excess we tend to live today. When I see someone choosing to live simply, it always gives me a check. This year, I'm making an attempt to cut back and focus on the important things, not the many things. And though Franklin was by all accounts wealthy and lacking for nothing, I greatly appreciate that his inventions were meant to make life easier for the common man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment