Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Story Time with My Upcoming Baby =)

(I'm leaving this up on Wednesday too, because . . . um . . . well, because it's been a really hectic week, I woke up with a headache, and I'm still enjoying seeing my cover front and center. ;-) Back to usual posts Thursday.)

I just looked down at the calendar on my computer and realized that Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland is only one month plus a few odd days away from release. Squeeeeeeeeeee! And so, because we have lots to be excited about with Annapolis these days, I'm going to take today to talk about it.  Mostly because I've already given sneak peeks of the other books I'm reading, LOL, and haven't finished them yet to offer a more thorough review. ;-)

In 1784 peace has been declared, but war still rages in the heart of Lark Benton.
 
Never did Lark think she’d want to escape Emerson Fielding, the man she’s loved all her life, but then he betrays her with her cousin. She flees to Annapolis, Maryland, the country’s capital, and throws herself into a new circle of friends who force her to examine all she believes.

Emerson follows, determined to reclaim his bride. Surprised when she refuses to return with him, he realizes that in this new country he has come to call his own, duty is no longer enough. He must learn to open his heart and soul to something greater... before he loses all he should have been fighting to hold.

~*~
I've received from advance feedback from authors and now from RT Book Reviews, so I'm going to share those. Each and every one was a surprise blessing--seriously, I have been floored by the feedback. I guess I shouldn't be, because this book was all God. I don't think I ever could have finished it had He not given me the words I needed every day. Some days it was like pulling teeth, but He was faithful, and I'm excited to see what He has in store for the book. =)


4 1/2 Star TOP PICK

"White writes an unpredictable love story that will keep the reader cheering for the characters. The setting of this creative and believable romance is the country's then-capital, Annapolis.  This will definitely be a favorite in the Love Finds You series."

~Lindy J. Swanson reviewer

~*~

"Delightfully intoxicating, Love Finds you in Annapolis, Maryland captured me on page one and never let go. I didn't want the story to end. Roseanna White's flawless prose and captivating characters deliver in every way. Thoroughly enjoyable!"

~Tamera Alexander, bestselling author of A Lasting Impression and Within My Heart

~*~
"Beautifully written, Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland is a treasure trove of romance, American history, and spiritual truths. Lark is the most winsome character I've encountered in a long time and the wooing back of a broken heart is exquisitely done, brimming with surprises and tender moments, tears and hope. You won't want to leave Annapolis after this moving journey of the heart - and you don't have to, as this book is destined for your keeper shelf!"

~Laura Frantz, author of The Colonel's Lady

~*~

"What a delightful read!" 

~Laurie Alice Eakes, award-winning author 

~*~

Okay, blatant self-promotion over. Though I'll provide the pre-order links for Amazon and ChristianBook in case you're just sooooooo intrigued now. ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cover, Roseanna! I can't wait to read it!

    Blessings
    Michelle V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't remember if I signed up to influence or not. Please lemme know so I know whether i need to go preorder ;)

    This sounds WONDERFUL, Roseanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so thrilled and excited! The cover is gorgous. The story sounds intriguing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, ahem, SHOULD be able to spell by now. I meant "the cover is gorgeous"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cover and the story sounds great! I can't wait to read this one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne, I don't have you down, no.

    Elisabeth, I didn't even notice the misspelling, LOL. And thanks!! I think it's gorgeous too. =) Which I made sure to tell the designer, since I certainly deserve none of that credit!

    Thanks, Anne! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this, Roseanna!

    And the cover is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY beautiful cover! Sounds like a great book too:O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you forgot mine! :)

    "At first you will want to give Emerson a good smack upside the head. But then you'll decide, okay, he's not such a bad guy. And then it'll be like, 'Okay, I guess he's kinda cute. I can see some appeal.' And then he'll completely melt your heart."
    -Stephanie Morrill

    I'm so articulate, I don't know WHY I don't get asked for endorsements more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, Stephanie, I LOVE that endorsement! Now if only were wrote in at-all-similar genres . . .

    ReplyDelete