Friday, September 16, 2011

My Friend Carole - Getting the Spotlight She Deserves ;-)

Last week my fabulous friend and crit partner, Carole Brown was the featured ACFW volunteer. I totally missed this (didn't read many loop emails as I was buried in the first week of home school and trying to finish a book), but I'd like to give her a big hand now.

Carole is a simply amazing woman, and I'm going to miss hugging her next week in St. Louis. And Carole is BUSY! In addition to traveling a lot with her husband for their ministry and doting on a new grandbaby, Carole is the ACFW Ohio coordinator and secretary for the Ohio chapter, and has begun a cluster meeting in Cincinnati every month. She's also an assistant for the ACFW book club, one of the ladies who reads the books and then moderates the discussion. Gooooooo, Carole!

When Carole makes it to conference, she inevitably volunteers there as well, usually at the agent/editor appointment area. She gives so selflessly of her time that I'm not sure she ever makes it to class, LOL.

Carole has a great blog that I encourage everyone to check out. I always enjoy my visits there. 

Now, I'm finally introducing the next giveaway, which will likely run through October, given how late I'm getting it started. This one will be for our fabulous WhiteFire lineup!  My two biblicals, the amazing Shadowed in Silk by Christine Lindsay, set in India of 1919, and our newest book, which doesn't release until 1 October--a beautiful medieval love story by Dina Sleiman, Dance of the Dandelion.

To enter, just leave a comment on this or any other subsequent Friday post, encouraging Carole. For an extra entry let me know if you're following Carole's blog. (Leave separate comments so that I can just count 'em up without thinking, LOL.)


10 comments:

  1. I already follow Carole and she is super sweet. I love her prose, very thoughtful! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, would I love to get these WF books! I've read JoP, but only the ebook. I've heard only great things about the others!

    Carole sounds like a truly great woman. You're blessed to know her!

    Jordan Newhouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Jeepers, thanks, Ro. I'm tickled pink (again) at the post. You're the bestest! The closer it gets to conference the more I'm saying, "What was I thinking?" :)

    Lv u bunches.
    btw: I have to go anonymous to post, so why I halfway let you know who it is w/my sig.

    cb
    http://sunnebnkwrtr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful tribute to your friend, carole.

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to win these books! They sound incredible! Thanks for the chance!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow Carol's blog, Sunnybank Meanderings, and I have for a while now. I love reading her heartfelt posts. They give me such encouragement!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Would love to win these books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read these! Count me in thank you!

    Margaret
    singitm@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole, giving back through volunteering is such a good way to be an encouragement to others!

    I'd love to win! derekannette at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pick me, pick me. These are great books. Two I haven't read yet, the other two will make great gifts. Can we get them autographed?

    ReplyDelete