Friday, July 22, 2011

My Friend Golden - Speaking to Hearts and Strengthening Your Marriage

It's been nearly four years since I first said an online "Hello!" to author Golden Keyes Parsons. At the time, her first novel, In the Shadow of the Sun King, was a few months from publication. When she introduced herself to our historical group, I could tell right away that Golden was everything her name implies--a woman with a heart of gold.

In the years since, Golden has proven herself just that. She is an amazing novelist, penning books that bring history to life and challenge her readers to examine their hearts. She is a speaker, often traveling to bring the message of the Lord's love to others. She is a teacher, expounding on the Bible and helping us open our hearts to receive it.

Though Golden has three books out now with a fourth set for release this November, today I'd like to highlight another of Golden's ministries--her online marriage seminar. Right now her fourth post is up, but you can read the previous ones on her blog. I wanted to bring this to your attention now, so you can be sure and stop by her blog for the next posts in the series!

I went through a couple of the posts already up on her blog, and I have to tell you--these are so great! Golden combines her expertise and Biblical principles with the same loving, gracious heart that fuels all her writing. In these posts you'll find her opening up and reaching out with grace to help us understand what we could do differently with our spouses to build a strong, well-founded marriage.

Marriage books are all over the place out there, but who in their right mind would pass up the chance to interact with the teacher?? I invite everyone to head over to www.GoldenKeyesParsons.blogspot.com and read through the posts already up, leaving questions or comments for Golden.

I also invite everyone to leave a comment here, either a question for Golden or some encouragement for this journey of writing, speaking, and teaching that she has been called to.

By commenting today (please be sure you're a follower! And if you're also a follower of Golden's blog, that's another entry!), you'll be entered into a big drawing that I'll be doing on August 26. What all will be in the fabulous giveaway? Well, for starters, a copy if Jewel of Persia (signed) and of MaryLu Tyndall's JUST released book, Surrender the Dawn. More prizes will be added each week, and each time you comment  on a Friday post, you'll get another entry!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks, Roseanna, for the kind words and encouragement. Working to make marriages healthy is a passion of ours. My husband and I have done marriage conferences for over 30 years and love, love, love doing that. Although we are officially retired from the pastorate, we still do much marriage counseling.

    I hope your readers will drop over to the blog and leave a comment. All those who do will be entered in a drawing for a book on marriage.

    Blessings!
    Golden

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have a few spare minutes (ha . . . ha . . . ha . . .) I really want to read through the rest of your posts on the subject, Golden. I only had time to skim a few as I was preparing this last night, but I love your approach! You can really fell the love you have for your hubby and your calling to minister to others about it through your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read one of Golden's books for so long. Definitely on my list!
    Please enter me
    crazi.swans@gmail.com

    I'm a follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. a new follower of Golden's blog. a follower of writing roseanna.Please enter me in the giveaway. Thanks for the chance! augustlily06(at)aim(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped by today because I'm a huge fan of Golden Keyes Parsons. Not only because she is the wonderful author of stories that grip your heart and whisk you away, but she is such a godly woman.

    I'd listen to Golden speak anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do enjoy reading golden's novels...a wonderful posting, roseanna :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Mrs. Parson's book! It was entirely unique and the first I have read in that time period ~ very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm off to check out the blog...but in the meantime, I'd love to win your book!!
    derekannette at gmail dot com

    And I do follow you, but I think that is assumed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also a new follower. Thanks. Please enter me in the giveaway. Christianfictionbookfan( at) hotmail ( dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great books to win. Hope I Win! Thanks you are generous this month.
    ybutler@oppcatv.com

    ReplyDelete