Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Story Time Chat!

Maybe it's because I just finished up my first round of edits of Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland, maybe it's because I just signed with a new agent (details forthcoming after all is signed, sealed, and delivered), maybe it's just because it's summer and I'm feeling adventurous. Whatever the reason, I'm in the mood to open the floor for some fun.

So--what are you reading? What did you just finish? What are picking up next?

Is it good? Anything surprising about it?

I'm reading Trish Perry's Unforgettable. I love the cover . . . it's a Summerside book, so you know--family pride. ;-) And I adore Trish's books. So this was a no brainer for me, LOL. Now, I first discovered Trish with her first book, a chick lit that had laughing out loud (literally) from page one (literally). Since chick lit has gone out of style (sigh), Trish has veered more toward traditional romance. Which I also love, so no biggie. And her books all inevitable have some funny sections. So while this one hasn't been laugh-out-loud thus far, it's nevertheless great, enjoyable, and has a few moments where you just gotta grin. I'm really liking it, though I haven't had much time to read, given all those edits on Annapolis I've been doing. In a nutshell, it's set right after WWII, about a ballroom dance teacher and a former fighter-jet pilot who eschews anything frivolous. Dynamic combination. =)

Your turn!

3 comments:

  1. Well, Roseanna, you KNOW what I'm reading (hehe). And I'm LOVING it. Jewel of Persia is beautiful and engaging and wonderful.

    I'm also reading (to my kids!) Prince Caspian - we're working our way through the Chronicles of Narnia this summer. Amazing how much I've forgotten since I read them decades ago ;).

    Not sure what I'M gonna read next: Maybe Love on Assignment by Cara Lynn James? Or Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson? Have several to choose from (I need to get some OTHER stuff done, or I'd do A Stray Drop of Blood next ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm reading "Brigid of Ireland" by Cindy Thomson. A novel about Saint Brigid. Not sure what I think about it yet.

    Um, I just finished a book that I highly recommend called, "When Sea Billows Roll" about the life of missionary Paul Schlener before he became a missionary. Great read!

    I'll probably read a Maureen Lang book next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Joanne! I'm in the middle of JofP, and next, I'm going to pick up Stephen Bly's latest, and last (sad), release.
    But I will definitely keep in mind Unforgettable. Love the cover!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete