Friday, February 18, 2011

My Friend Laurie Alice

Today I'm thrilled to bring you a special guest. Yeah, it's sort of Laurie Alice Eakes, a friend of mine from an awesome historical loop--but she comes today in the form of her latest heart-throb hero, Dominick Cherett. Get to know him below, and then you'll find some info on Laurie Alice and where to find her wonderful historical romantic suspense, Lady in the Mist. (Click to read my review)


~*~


Hello, Dominick, and thank you so much for talking with me today! To begin, could you just tell us a little bit about yourself?

    I try not to tell anyone too much about myself. That I’m English is impossible to disguise once I open my mouth, which doesn’t go over all that well here in America. They resent us from the last war and are trying to pick a new fight with us, or perhaps it’s the other way around. See, I talk about politics and get away with saying little about me.


How did you get involved in your profession?  Do you find it difficult? Rewarding?

It’s tiresome. I’d scarcely call it a profession, though my father’s butler would disagree with me. He thinks himself as important as the Lord Chancellor. For my part, the uniform is uncomfortable and the hair powder! I feel like a fool. But the worst part is the menial nature of it. I was raised to be served, not serve. So perhaps this is good for me. Pride, after all, hasn’t gotten me anywhere good. That would be the reward. And then I did get to meet Tabitha. Anything I go through is worth that most important part of my life.


What’s your favorite indulgence?

Spending my free time, what little I can spare or steal, in Tabitha’s company. She might say annoying her, but I don’t think she truly means it. I make her smile, even laugh, and that. . . Well, as you can see, I’m a bit besotted.

Where do you live? Did you grow up there?

I live in Virginia, right along the Atlantic. I certainly did not grow up there. Compared to the organized green fields of Dorset, England, this is untamed and uncivilized, which rather suits me.

Do you like to read? If so, who's your favorite author or book?

I definitely like to read. Master Shakespeare holds considerable entertainment for me, and so does Mr. Tobias Smolett. I used to read my Bible, but now it rather hurts from those points I’d rather not be poking at me right now.

If you could travel anywhere, to any time, where would you go and why?

I’d definitely go back about three years in my life and stop the events of destruction I set in motion then. But then I’d have to figure out another way to get me back here to Virginia and the lady I met on a misty beach.

~*~

You're in love, right? ;-) Well then, you'll want to check out Lady in the Mist on Amazon or CrossPurposes.

About Lady in the Mist

By virtue of her profession as a midwife, Tabitha Eckles is the keeper of many secrets: the names of fathers of illegitimate children, the level of love and harmony within many a marriage, and now the identity of a man who may have caused his wife's death. Dominick Cherrett is a man with his own secret to keep: namely, what he, a British nobleman, is doing on American soil working as a bondsman in the home of Mayor Kendall, a Southern gentleman with his eye on a higher office.

By chance one morning before the dawn has broken, Tabitha and Dominick cross paths on a misty beachhead, leading them on a twisted path through kidnappings, death threats, public disgrace, and . . . love? Can Tabitha trust Dominick? What might he be hiding? And can either of them find true love in a world that seems set against them?

With stirring writing that puts readers directly into the story, Lady in the Mist expertly explores themes of identity, misperception, and love's discovery.
 




About Laurie Alice Eakes


Award-winning author Laurie Alice Eakes does not remember a time when books did not play a part in her life; thus, no one was surprised when she decided to be a writer. Her first hardcover was an October, 2006 Regency historical from Avalon Books and won the National Readers Choice Award for Best Regency, as well as being a finalist for Best First Book. She was also a finalist for the ACFW 2010 Carol award in the short historical category. After selling her first book in the inspirational market, she also wrote articles and essays for Christian publications. A brief hiatus in publishing climaxed with her selling thirteen books in thirteen months, to publishers such as Barbour, Avalon, and Baker/Revell.

A graduate of the Seton Hill University Master of Arts Degree in Writing Popular Fiction, And a Bachelor of Arts graduate in English and French from Asbury College, she is an experienced speaker and writing teacher, and has made presentations at local and national RWA conferences, as well as local universities and libraries.

Until recently, she lived in Northern Virginia, then her husband’s law career took them and their dogs and cats, to southern Texas, where she writes full-time and enjoys the beach whenever possible.

9 comments:

  1. Very fun, and soooo Dominick. Yes, he was indeed a dashing hero. And there was so much depth of passion in his feelings for Tabitha. I loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that was fun to read! I so enjoyed Dominick. He was such a flirt at times - reminds me of my older brother! :-P lol

    ~ Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I can't wait for my copy to get here so I can read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh . . . He's so debonair and mysterious. He almost makes me wish I'd married Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview Roseanna, and so nice to meet Dominick online! What a dashing hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun interview! martha(at)lclink(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this on hand and can't wait to get a chance to read it. I loved reading from the perspective of the hero.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved, loved loved the book!It was fun to see Dominick again today too! Laurie Alice, is your husband jealous of Dominick?

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a clever idea! Dominick is a very memorable and endearing character. His history is as moving as he is charming. This book is the must read for 2011.

    ReplyDelete