Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Story Time . . . TEA FOR TWO by Trish Perry

I'm doing that thing again and talking about a book that hasn't been released yet. Mwa ha ha ha! This one comes out in April, so y'all are just going to have to pre-order a copy. ;-)

Since the day I cracked open her first novel, I have been a huge Trish Perry fan. No one else's books make me laugh so hard, yet show me something valuable and meaningful. No one else's books can capture those goofball moments of life, yet pair them with the deep and intense.

I recently read Trish's first book in the Teashop Series and adored it, so when I received a galley of the second one, Two for Tea, from her publicist, I was excited as all get out. It's been an embarrassingly long time since I've sat down with a book and then actually wanted to sit down with it again the next day, but of course Trish pulled that off--during the busy holiday season, no less!

Zack Cooper's teens are out of control, and Zack is at his wits' end. He has a farm to run and is still recovering financially from when his ex-wife ran off with their savings. Help is the last thing he thinks he needs--until new stunts convince him only trouble lays ahead if he doesn't take action. Now. When Millie of the tea shop lines up a counselor willing to donate her time, he's thanking God for the first time in years. But when he realizes the counselor is the gorgeous brunette he spotted not long ago . . . well, that sheds a whole new light on things.

Tina Milano's life has been steady and bordering on uninteresting for quite a few years, but when Zack (a.k.a. Hunky Produce Guy) and his kids enter her life, things get interesting--fast. From the moment she first starts talking to the handsome, sweet man about his kids, people mistake them for a couple. She's okay with going along with that, since it makes her job of surreptitiously giving them advice a lot easier. But the town of Middleburg isn't alone in thinking she and Zack are a great fit. The more time they spend together, the more she begins to wonder if there's more there too.
Zack and Tina's story is cute and fun, sweet and savory--much like Millie's tea shop treats. Though I didn't find this book hilarious like some of Trish's others, it gave me quite a few grins and lots of food for thought, plus was romantic and compelling enough to keep me turning those pages (quite a feat at this point in my life!). As always, Trish delivers characters you can't help but love in situations that both make you smile and tug at your heart--and does it all in a light style that will leave you begging for more.

Though part of a series, the unifying factor to these books is Millie and her tea shop, so each story stands beautiful on its own, without a single wobble if you read them out of order. I can't wait to see what happens in Middleburg next! Keep 'em coming, Trish!

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Pefect Blend! Can't wait for Tea for Two! :)

    ReplyDelete