Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Story Time . . . For the Season

Every year, a whole new slew of Christmas books hit the shelves. Novels, gift books, inspirational non-fiction . . . you name it, you can find it.

Some years I'm reading Christmas books from September onward. Some years (like this one--sigh) I never get around to picking one up.

Last year my favorite novel for the theme was Loree Lough's Love Finds You in North Pole, Alaska. It wasn't only for Christmas, mind you, as the story spanned several months . . . but it was set in the town "where it's Christmas all year round!" so, you know. Excellent for the season. =)

Although I gotta say, my all-time favorite Christmas story is from that most excellent wordsmith, Dr. Seuss. How the Grinch Stole Christmas just can't be beaten. We've already read it several times this year, and I imagine we'll squeeze in a few more. =)

So how about you? What are you favorite books to settle down with this time of year?

3 comments:

  1. I adore the movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," but I've never read the book. Weird!

    Every year, I think, "THIS is the year I'll read Dickens' A Christmas Carol. So far I'm always wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounded great, Tiffany! Anita Higman has such a distinctive voice. (Did I send that one to you? Or did another reviewer snatch it out from under me?)

    ReplyDelete