Monday, December 20, 2010

Modern . . . Christmas Songs

Holiday spirit, you know. =)

Let's chat Christmas songs! (I totally stole this topic from my friend Carole of Sunnybank Meanderings. Thanks for the idea, Carole!!)

My all time favorite is Silent Night. The English translation came about in 1859, so, see, this is modern--it comes after my current historicals. ;-) I also adore O Holy Night, One Small Child, and What Child Is This?

If we're talking genuinely modern, then I gotta give a shout-out to Mary Did You Know, which is not only gorgeous, but has tingle-inspiring lyrics. I'm currently practicing this one to sing at our Christmas Eve service.

What are your favorite Christmas songs, be they hymns, modern takes, or featuring that jolly red elf?

1 comment:

  1. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel is my all time favorite Christmas hymn!

    ReplyDelete