Monday, October 18, 2010

My New Cover!!

I'm far too excited about my new cover design to talk about anything else today. =) Many of my friends have already seen it on Facebook, but in case you missed it . . .

Isn't it just awesome?? I am so stinking impressed with Tekeme Studios. For good reason, eh?

Story behind the cover--George of Tekeme couldn't exactly find any images of Ancient Persia that he could use that were anything but ruins or museum exhibits, so he took what he could find, added an image of a fireplace mantel to serve as the entryway, and then went in and added all that color by hand. Isn't he just above and beyond?? (Oh, and the dark spots you see on her arm is just the texture, which will be removed--I just didn't want to wait for the next version to share with you, LOL.)

On a similar note, I'm in the process of constructing the Companion Guide for Jewel of Persia over at my website. If you hop over there, you can not only learn a bit about the culture and my sources, but you can see some of the other images of the cover model and some cool pics and paintings of Persia (for those of you who have already read my musings about the ancients on here). Let me know what you think! (And no, the guide is not complete yet--only the colored links are actually active. But the rest will be up today!)

Getting excited over here! This book is going to happen!!!

11 comments:

  1. Roseanna - This is an absolutely beautiful cover!!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Congrats on the AWESOME cover!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ro, you've got a winner! Don't think I let you know yet what I tho't, but i've been gone lots. Just got home today. :)

    Congrats!
    cb
    http://sunnebnkwrtr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh...Congratulations. I love it! The green and red just pop. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover!! I'm just as excited about this book as I am after reading "Stray Drop of Blood." That is one of the most beautiful stories I've read. Congratulations, Roseanna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *gasp of surprise* It's beautiful, Roseanna!! I've been waiting on pins and needles to see what the cover would look like - and it was worth the wait!!! Captivating!!

    ~ Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza! That's gorgeous Roseanna! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!! The back cover's just as stunning. I should post that on here at some point . . . it's on my Facebook profile now, at least.

    ReplyDelete