Friday, June 18, 2010

My Friend Lyn - Interview

Well, while y'all are enjoying a normal Friday/weekend, I'm going to be in Richmond on the first stop of the Life & Faith Tour! Say a prayer for me, will you? Specifically, that there is a steady line of people at the table. =)

Now, onto what you actually came for! Let's give a hearty welcome to Lyn Cote as she talks about her gorgeously-covered novel, Her Abundant Joy.

~*~

About Lyn

When Lyn Cote became a mother, she gave up teaching, and while raising a son and a daughter, she began working on her first novel. Long years of rejection followed. Finally in 1997, Lyn got "the call." Her first book, Never Alone, was chosen by Steeple Hill for the new Love Inspired romance line. Since then, Lyn has had over twenty-five novels published. In 2006 Lyn's book, Chloe, was a finalist for the RITA, one of the highest awards in the romance genre. Lyn’s brand “Strong Women, Brave Stories,” always includes three elements: a strong heroine who is a passionate participant in her times, authentic historical detail and a multicultural cast of characters. Lyn also features stories of strong women both from real life and true to life fiction on her blog http://strongwomenbravestories.blogspot.com Lyn also can be found on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads. Drop by and "friend or follow" her. Now living her dream of writing books at her lake cottage in northern Wisconsin, Lyn hopes her books show the power of divine as well as human love.

Her latest release is Her Abundant Joy, the final book in her Texas Star of Destiny series, to purchase drop by her website or blog http://strongwomenbravestories.blogspot.com.

~*~

About Her Abundant Joy

Can a beautiful young widow find peace in the arms of a Texas Ranger?

In 1846, young German widow Mariel Wolfe comes start a new life in the "promised" land of Texas. Texas Ranger Carson Quinn is responsible for leading her party of immigrants through dangerous Comanche-held territory. As he watches Mariel hold her head high, he will stop at nothing to protect her. But war is brewing: Mexico will not accept the U.S. annexation of the young Texas Republic without a fight. Honor bound to fight for Texas, Carson's deepest longing is to lay down his rifle. As Mariel and Carson fall deeply in love, could her painful past or this new war destroy all their hopes?

~*~

What's your latest book?

It's a Historical Romance, the final book in the Texas Star of Destiny series--Her Abundant Joy, from Avon Inspire released 1 June 2010.

That is an absolutely breathtaking cover! What's your favorite part of the story?

I love my ending. I always make my hero and heroine face and conquer their greatest fears. So I always give them a great joyful uplifting finale. They deserve it. I also try to make it seem impossible and I think I did that this time.


Love the "they deserve it"--they really do after all we authors put them through, don't they? =) What do you hope your readers will get out of the story?

Hope is always my underlying theme. If we trust God, we should never give up hope.


Roseanna-Optimist agrees! Is there any other theme to this book?

The humble shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace....
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace. Psalm 37: 11, 37

What are you reading right now--and what do you want to read next?

I just finished reading Kim Vogel Sawyer's A Hopeful Heart ( 4 star classic mail order bride with a unique heroine) and next I'l be reading Nancy Mehl's Simple Secrets. Drop by my blog and on the right column is my GoodReads bookshelf. I always blog about books I read. If you haven't read Kathy Herman's suspense books, you should!

What are you writing right now?

Just finishing the 2nd book in my Love Inspired series, New Friends Street. It's titled Daddy in the Making and stars a basset hound. I've enjoyed writing this one!


Awww! Any upcoming releases we should keep our eye out for?

The first in this series comes out in September, A Shelter of Hope, a story of a single mom and a lost soul hero. I love wounded heroes. Hope my readers to too!

Thanks for having me as a guest, Roseanna!

Thanks for visiting, Lyn!

~*~

Readers, you can purchase Her Abundant Joy directly from Lyn or at CrossPurposes.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as a guest, Roseanna. I forgot to mention that I hold a drawing during the month when I have a new book come out. If your readers drop by http://strongwomenbravestories.blogspot.com and leave a comment, they will automatically be entered in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! A book that stars a basset hound? Gotta check that one out too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love basset hounds. Wish I had one, but no 4 cats instead!

    ReplyDelete