Friday, November 6, 2009

My Friend . . . Miralee Ferrell

I can't believe I've yet to highlight Miralee Ferrell on here. Unbelievable, because I worked quite closely with her two years ago, and she was one of my first writing friends. So I'll make up for that oversight now!

Many moons ago, a request came through the ACFW loop asking for endorsers. By this time I'd appeared in a book or two, so I figured I'd volunteer. A while later I received Miralee Ferrell's debut novel, The Other Daughter. It's an engaging women's fiction novel about a family nearly torn apart when a girl shows up on their doorstep claiming to be the husband's daughter.

I met Miralee at the ACFW conference in '07, after reading and endorsing the book, and enjoyed getting to hug her and talk about some promo for her book. We ended up planning an online scavenger hunt that went really well, was a ton of fun, and which helped me get to know this awesome lady even more, since I read through about ten different interviews with her to get the questions and answers for the hunt, LOL.

Between the time when the scavenger hunt was held and a wedding I was in, I got a small package in the mail from Miralee. Inside, I found that she had sent me a tube of colored lip gloss, perfect for the wedding. A small token of her appreciation for my hard work, but it was something that really touched me. Not just because I love lip gloss (I'm such a girl), but because I'd worked with a lot of authors, and she was the only one who had gone that extra step to say thank you. To me, it spoke to a generous, gentle spirit that makes Miralee the insightful writer that she is.

More recently she had a historical romance come out from Summerside Press, Love Finds You in Last Chance, California. I loved this book even more than her contemporary women's fiction--ah, historicals! And I was thrilled to learn that there will be a stand-alone sequel to Last Chance coming out from Summerside too. Bring it on, Miralee! Finding Jeena, the sequel to The Other Daughter will be coming out from Kregel in spring of 2010 too. And I for one cannot wait to see what she has in store for her readers.

1 comment:

  1. What a pleasant surprise to get up this morning and find your wonderful post about me! Thank you, dear friend! And just as an added note, I also have another historical romance releasing Feb. 1st. Love Finds You in Bridal Veil, Oregon. It's available now on Amazon and CBD for preorder, and Amazon has it on a short term super sale right now. Blessings and hugs!!! Miralee Ferrell

    www.miraleeferrell.com

    ReplyDelete